Headstart Group is currently recruiting passionate and enthusiastic individuals to join its 740-member strong teaching community. Working at Headstart Group will be an excellent opportunity for you to learn about the HK education system, to enrich the depth and breadth of your teaching experience and to strengthen your skills and credentials as a teaching professional.
At Headstart, we believe ‘a company is as good as its people’ and thus it strives to build a culture that is warm, inclusive and open, and in which staff feels valued, appreciated and supported.
“Headstart Group has been the most positive work environment I have ever had. They have been continually supportive, welcoming and have created a happy and friendly environment. They offer professional development and always strive for the best for themselves and their teachers.”
NET Service (Full Time)
“The Education sector can be difficult at times, but collaborating with Headstart Group makes all the difference. Passion for student outcomes and for the industry underlie everything they do. Working with them continues to be a pleasure, and is a highlight of my professional career in Hong Kong.”
Andrew John Dyka
NET Service (Part Time)
“Headstart Group nurtures NETs to be the best they can be. I have opportunities to teach the simplest to the hardest programmes in my 5 years’ tenure so far. These programmes have deepened and broadened my teaching experience and have confirmed my belief that teaching is my dream job.”
“Working for Headstart Group is a great way to enter the Hong Kong NET world whether you are just starting or have been teaching for a long time. The staff and teachers are enthusiastic go-getters who like to share knowledge with each other and their students. A supportive network of professionals and top notch teachers. I am proud to work at Headstart Group.”
Native English speaker
Degree holder + TEFL / TESOL / CELTA certificate or
Bachelor degree in Education
A valid passport
Excellent organisation skills
Enthusiastic, creative, open-minded and reliable
What you will do
What you will get*
Full Visa Sponsorship
Summer work bonus
Comprehensive training programme
Competitive incremental salary increase
At least 3-week paid school holidays
At least 17-day paid public holidays
Appraisals and career support
Social network connections and community participation prior to and post arrival in HK
Opportunity for career advancement to HKSAR native-speaking English teacher (NET) scheme
*Note: Job package details may vary and specific offering is subject to individual school contracts.
Have a friend who wants to be a teacher as well?
“Feeling gratitude, and not expressing it, is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”
–William Arthur Ward
Thank you Headstart Teachers!! You have made Headstart what it is today: strong, well-regarded and a nice family to belong to.
We want more people like you to join us. Participate in the Teacher Referral Programme and make our family even stronger and bigger.
1. Only former and current Headstart teachers are eligible for this referral scheme. The referred teacher must not be in our database already.
2. The referred teacher must pass the recruitment interview with Headstart, be assigned a new project* and complete the project with good performance**.
3. If the referred teacher is placed for a full-time position, the referred teacher must complete 2 months of the placement with good performance**.
4. The reward of HK$1,000 will be paid once only and at the end of the corresponding month.
5. The Headstart teacher must obtain the permission from the referred teacher before making the referral.
6. The referred teacher must provide details of his/her referee on the application form or during the interview for validation.
7. When two or more referees refer the same teacher, the first referee qualifies for the reward.
8. In the unlikely event of a dispute arising from the referral scheme, Headstart will conduct a thorough investigation and its decision shall be final.
*A new project is defined to mean a project commencing from lesson 1. Supply positions and one-day projects are excluded.
**Definition for good performance includes: being punctual, attending all lessons as scheduled without absence, good lesson preparation and good client feedback.